The Administrative Coordinator (AC) reports to the Executive Director and works with all members of staff to assist with administrative and fundraising activities. The Administrative Coordinator is supervised by the Executive Director and provides support to all staff.
The AC will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The AC is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures and data management.
The successful AC doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and is well-organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of keeping operations running smoothly and supporting an office of diverse people.
Be the First Point of Contact & Keep Office Organized:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for everyone from parents interested in learning about our program to key funders and community leaders.
- Check and respond to emails and voicemails, manage requests for information.
- Handle mail and bank deposits.
- General office support including maintenance of computer systems, data entry & management, and website maintenance.
- Create and mail invoices to sponsors.
- Produce solicitations, pledges, acknowledgements, and track donations.
- Maintain development database.
Be a Part of the Team:
- Assist the Executive Director in scheduling and preparing materials for board meetings and communications with Board members, funders, and other external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Community Engagement, Programming, and Development staff teams.
- Be ready to jump in and help when help is needed.
Communicate and Plan:
- Assist with agency fundraising events and activities.
- Prepare materials for solicitations, events, and other programs. If you can make them look pretty, that is a bonus!
- Use social media platforms to engage the community in our work.
- Create & send e-news letters.
- Orchestrate mailings.
- You’re self-motivated. You create your own organizational systems and can hold yourself and others accountable. You expertly navigate managing all levels of an organization.
- You are fast-paced and high-energy. You have a bias towards action. You can move rapidly through ever-changing environments and have the ability to shift priorities on a dime.
- You find ambiguity exciting. You see potential in any situation and can leverage that potential. You love change management and understand the complexities of integrating new systems with an existing team. Availability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours.
- You’re a systems guru. You enjoy organizing chaos. You can take a large amount of information, assess it, and find the best way to organize it with the end-user in mind.
- You’re a people person. You love managing people and understand how to optimize the experiences of co-workers and external partners..
- You’re an expert multi-tasker. You have experience juggling multiple projects at once from start to finish with detailed planning and persistent execution.
- You have a great sense of humor. You bring levity to the work, have fun, and don’t take yourself too seriously!
- You care about the details. The devil is in the details. You care about how many spaces exist after periods and that the header on the newsletter is centered.
- You can drive and have a clean record. Valid California license, current automobile insurance. Willingness and ability to use own car for agency business. Fingerprint records required.
- Bilingual a bonus! Bilingual or conversational Spanish language skills are super helpful.
COMMITMENT, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
This is a regular, full-time, nonexempt position with a salary range of $21 – $25 per hour ($43,680 – $52,000) commensurate with experience. BBBS of Santa Cruz provides a generous benefits package, vacation, and PTO after completion of a 90 day introductory period.
Email any questions or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Cruz County 1500 41st Ave, Ste. 250, Capitola, CA 95010