Enrolling a Little into the Program
Matching your child/youth to a caring adult mentor & friend
Two to Four times a month (on a schedule that works best for you)
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR YOUR CHILD
Presione aqui para una aplicacion en Espanol
Becoming a Little Brother or Sister -
Little Brothers / Little Sisters are children living in Santa Cruz
County that will benefit from a one-to-one relationship with a
positive adult friend / role model.
- All Little Brothers / Sisters need and want the friendship of an adult
to have fun and help them through difficult childhood experiences.
- A desire by the both guardian and child to be a part of
- Child age 7-14 years old (or about to turn 7 years old)
- Living in Santa Cruz County
How to Apply
- Fill out an online application in English (here) or Espanol (aqui)
- Download the English Application or the Spanish Application to print and send to us by mail
- Call the agency at 831-464-8691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application by mail
Once we receive your application, you will be sent a note from the casework staff explaining the next step.
A casework staff will call you to schedule a Home Visit and answer any questions you may have. Feel free
to give us a call at (831) 464-8691 if you have any further questions.
Like our Little Brothers / Sisters, our volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
They are at least 18 years of age (or 16 if volunteering for the School-Based program) and may be single or
married, perhaps even with a family of their own. Big Brothers / Big Sisters make a one-year commitment
to spend a few hours a week with their Little Brother / Sister doing fun activities at a time that work for
both of them. All volunteers for this program, like all Big Brothers Big Sisters volunteers, are interviewed,
screened, and trained by our professional agency staff. Changing the way children grow up in Santa Cruz County.
BEING A PART OF THE CHANGE