Our Mission, Vision and Long Range Plan
For 35 years, serving all of Santa Cruz County. Over 6,000 youth and counting.
To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
That all children achieve success in life.
We partner with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
Our Long Range Plan
MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- Sustain a full and active Board which reflects the ethnic demographics of our county, and which possesses the necessary skills and abilities to accomplish the objectives of the agency.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements (local, state, federal, BBBSA).
- Ensure appropriate technology is utilized to assist the agency in its efficient operation.
- Develop long-range strategic plan (3 years), including projections for clients, staffing, and assumptions for grants, other income and expenses.
- Increase pool of qualified volunteers.
- Conduct effective outreach so as to increase agency visibility, educate the community at large about the beneficial results of the program, and promote the agency and its events.
- Increase number of matches.
- Further position the agency as the principal mentoring agency in the county through ongoing collaboration/dialogue with other human service agencies.
- Assess other program opportunities.
- Develop strategies to raise sufficient revenues to support all programs and the financial stability and sustainability of the agency.
- Develop a three-year financial plan (projected budget) for purposes of long-range financial planning (with annual updates).
- Maintain and support the continued professional development of the Executive Director, other staff and the Board of Directors.