Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Cruz County
Case Manager/After-School Program Coordinator
This position is divided between case management in our One-to-One Mentoring Program and teaching in our After School Academic Enrichment and Mentoring Program.
Case Management Duties:
- Interview, screen and assess prospective volunteers, children and families.
- Conduct training for volunteers, children and families.
- Make appropriate matches between children and volunteers.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to matches through regular supervision.
- Provide community referrals and crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintain clear and complete case records and compile monthly statistics.
- Attend Board or community meetings and conduct outreach as needed.
After-School Program Coordinator Duties:
- Plan and facilitate educational and enrichment activities and schedule guest speakers
- Oversee and train volunteers
- Spanish/English translation
- Provide referrals to community resources and crisis intervention as needed
- Understand and promote the goals and vision of the program
- Promote and maintain positive relations with internal and external customers
- Maintain appropriate records and compile monthly statistics and reports
- Conduct outcome evaluations.
BA in social work, counseling or related field. Two years related work experience; excellent oral and written communication skills; and, the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. English/Spanish bilingual/biliterate is required.
Valid California driver’s license, automobile insurance and vehicle required. Must be fingerprinted. Must be available to work evening and weekend hours on occasion.
$15.52 to $20.37 per hour based on experience.
Benefits: Full-time, 40 hours per week position. Includes medical/dental/vision insurance and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls!
Position open until filled. Download a PDF of the job description.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER